Monday, June 2, 2008

MY OUTLOUD THOUGHTS

MY OUTLOUD THOUGHTS, Nov. 26, 2006

This website is a collection of my random thoughts on the issues of the day. These issues can be in the areas of politics, economics, entertainment, or sports. Therefore this is not solely a political website, nor an entertainment website, or a sports website. It is just a website that contains things that are of interest to me.
A little about me. I am a 34 year old that lives in the suburbs of Washington, DC. I currently work for the federal government. I have worked on and been a consultant to a couple of national political campaigns, I have worked for a small business, consulted to a Fortune 100 company. I have a masters degree in business. I am what I consider a true conservative – I believe in the greatness of America, its political system, its economic system. America is the envy of the world. The freedoms that we Americans have allow each of us to speak our minds on issues we believe, even if they are completely wrong and misguided. That’s what freedom is. Our government should stay out of the business of picking winners and losers except in the war on terror. The government should not pick which companies we all should invest in, which teams should play in the NCAA college football national championship game, which movies we should go see, or who which political party we should vote for.
I believe that that the US government should stay out of our business, bedrooms, and for the most part our lives. They should do a few things and do them well. The government should not be the answer to most of our questions. I believe that most US companies and universities are the best thing we have. We have the best education system that money can buy. Why do you think so many foreign students try so hard to come to the US and study at US universities? If you work hard, you have every chance to succeed. We do not live in a society where a few chosen individuals are chosen at birth (unless your last name is Kennedy in the Northeast) as the country’s political and economic leaders. Opportunity exists for anyone and everyone who wants to take it.
I will try and add a couple of postings a week relating to whatever is going on at the time. Some postings may be political, some may be related to sports, entertainment, economics or whatever is an issue that the general public may be talking about. These are my views, not those of any political party. I may refer to articles that I have read that interest me and will try and provide links to those articles. Please feel free to send me emails on issues that you would like me to comment on or on responses to my postings that you have. I may post some of those as well. This site is not my job, so please do not expect too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment